Caxtons is able to provide a complete block building management service, including:
- Qualified property managers with a dedicated block customer hub to ensure cover at all times.
- Preparation of year end accounts and reserve fund management by a dedicated and fully qualified accounts team.
- An insurance department who can provide property related insurances with a wide range of unique and additional risks at competitive premium rates, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Recovery of service charge arrears in conjunction with award winning solicitors.
- Preparing condition surveys and long-term management plans.
- Producing statutory and service charge accounts with detailed analysis.
- Paralegal services for residents selling their house or flat.
looking for something else...
for peace of mind
Our residential block management services are fully compliant with both the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code and ARMA Accreditation, the regulatory regime for residential leasehold managing agents. Accreditation to ARMA puts Caxtons at the leading edge of best practice in property block management.
Through these codes of practice, clients and leaseholders are guaranteed a number of safeguards:
- Compliance with over 160 rigorous industry standards.
- Full protection of client monies.
- Higher professional standards of care.
- A transparent and open block management service.
- Access to an independent regulatory panel.
The plethora of health & safety legislation and regulation means that compliance factors high on our agenda. Risk management is monitored through use of dedicated software to ensure inspections, reports and action points are completed promptly, and consequently our property block management clients are fully compliant and up-to-date at all times.
Our fees are structured to reflect the amount of work we undertake, which can range from full residential block management services through to a bespoke tailored service to suit specific requirements.
As a member of RICS and ARLA, Caxtons is bound by strict client accounting regulations, rules of ethical conduct and codes of practice, ensuring:
- Our accounting and other records are regularly audited for compliance
- Our clients’ funds are fully protected at all times through the RICS Client Money Protection Scheme
For advice and more information please get in touch with the block management team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
The director, who had at this stage become very hands-on with day-to-day management, was at her wits end with their managing agent, communication had broken down, and she was keen to get a new agent on board as soon as possible.
Under the terms of the leases, buildings should be re-painted externally every 5 years but this was years overdue and with no financial reserves in place. Our first priority was to address the problem. After a formal tender process, we were able to halve the previous cost of the external re-decoration works – duly completed within our first year of management.
Now 5 years into our management we have, once again, completed the external re-decoration. This time, due to responsible budgeting, the works were paid for entirely from the reserve fund.
The estate is now managed to a very high standard, and our regular communication with leaseholders is key. Whilst the RMC Director is still involved with the overall decision-making process, she is more than happy for us to deal with the day-to-day management.
get in touch
Please select the 'Nature of your enquiry' and provide as much detail as possible in the 'Your requirements' field. We will get back to you as soon as possible.