finding a home
We are here to smooth the way from the start of your property search to your first viewing, whilst you are living in the property and all the way through to check-out.
with you throughout
search our residential lettings
finding a new home with Caxtons.
Caxtons are dedicated to making the lettings process straightforward and transparent. We adhere to strict codes of conduct and have professional qualified staff so that you will have peace of mind in your new home.
Our offices cover a wide geographical area across South East London and Kent and we look after all types of properties so we are confident we will be able to help find the right property for you.
Before you start looking at any properties, we advise that you work out how much rent you can afford. Ensure you have a deposit available that is equal to five weeks rent and account for utility bills which are the responsibility of the tenant.
To help with your property search, please sign up to our email alerts and you will receive new properties to rent as soon as they appear on our website.
If you are considering a selection of properties to rent, opting for a rental property that is managed by a property management team, such as Caxtons, will ensure a professional is on hand to offer reliable support if something goes wrong with your accommodation.
For advice and more information please get in touch with the residential lettings team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Associate Director, Head of Residential Management & Lettings
Tel: 01634 380019
Email: [email protected]
once you have found the right property we will guide you through the tenancy process:
This process consists of 5 simple steps:
1. Tenancy application: At this stage the Caxtons’ holding fee will need paying. This is the equivalent of one weeks rent. It will be deducted from the rent and deposit due just before you move in. Once this money has been received, we can start the moving in process. To see our administration fees, click here.
2. Referencing: We have procedures in place to ensure a smooth referencing process. You will be asked to fill in an online application form. It is very important that the information you give is accurate and, most importantly, verifiable.
There are times when we will require a guarantor. Guarantors are asked to have similar checks as yourself to progress your application as swiftly as possible. They will be expected to pay the rent if you are not able to for any reason.
We will carry out thorough identity and reference checks, and you will be asked to provide us with photographic ID and a council tax or utility bill valid within the last three months. You will not be able to rent a property if you fail to produce these documents
3. Tenancy agreement: Once all the referencing is complete, a start of tenancy date will be agreed. After this you will receive a tenancy agreement and all legal paperwork via docusign. At the same time, you will need to pay one month’s rent plus the five week security deposit minus the holding fee. If Caxtons are managing the property, we will secure your deposit with a Government backed deposit scheme.
4. Rent collection: We will advise you about the date when your rent will be collected. We will provide you with a standing order form when you sign the Tenancy Agreement for automatic periodic payment as per the agreed terms.
It is a legal requirement for all Letting Agents to be part of a government approved Client Money Protection Scheme, to safeguard all monies provided to us during our business transactions. In order to offer peace of mind to all our clients, we are part of the Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme and certificates relating to this scheme can be found by clicking here.
5. Moving in process: We can start the moving in process as soon as the Tenancy Application is signed and all monies have cleared with us. Then you may collect the keys to your new home. Remember to transfer all the bills over to your name and take meter readings as soon as you move in.
looking for something else...
Their references had been approved and they also had a removal company booked, when out of the blue, just 3 days before they were due to move in, the landlord decided not to let the property.
This was not the family’s fault but it left them in a very difficult position and with the fear of being homeless.
The family approached Caxtons about a property that had just been refurbished but still had some outstanding minor works to be carried out.
They were obviously concerned, not only having organised time off work in order to settle in, but also arranging for members of their family – who lived 5 hours away by road – to do the same and help them with the move.
Caxtons stepped in and quickly managed to obtain their references, finalise the last couple of jobs on the house and they moved in on the same day they had originally planned.
The tenants couldn’t believe how quickly and professionally Caxtons had turned the situation around. They also said they preferred the property we had to offer so were extremely delighted how things had turned out.
recently added residential properties
Ascot Road, Gravesend£1,395 pcmAvailable From: 14/04/2023 | Type: House | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 1Located in popular area of Gravesend, this delightful three bedroom house comes with a conservatory and detached garage. A spacious through lounge with patio doors that lead through to the conservatory. Fitted kitchen with built in oven hob and extractor plus ample storage space. Conservatory (wi...To LetHouse
Bogarde Drive, Wainscott, Rochester£1,800 pcmAvailable From: 31/03/2023 | Type: House | Bedrooms: 4 | Bathrooms: 2Caxtons are pleased to offer this Four bedroom detached house situated in a quiet area of Wainscott. Rare to the market, this property offers an entrance hall with downstairs wc. Spacious living room and separate dining room. Large and bright kitchen with ample cupboard space, integrated oven and ho...To LetHouse
Goldcrest Drive, St. Marys Island, Chatham£1,000 pcmAvailable From: Now | Type: | Bedrooms: 2 | Bathrooms: 1New Carpets Fitted Throughout. Located on St Mary's Island this apartment comes with two bedrooms, a spacious lounge with patio doors leading out to a balcony, kitchen fitted with new vinyl flooring and an integrated oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer and washing machine. Bathroom fitted with new viny...To Let
get in touch
Please select the 'Nature of your enquiry' and provide as much detail as possible in the 'Your requirements' field. We will get back to you as soon as possible.